Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bee Gee Robin Gibb died of cancer on 20 May 2012 at 62 years old

Robin and his brothers Barry and Maurice Gibb racked up dozens of hit songs in their five decade career as the Bee Gees. Gibb died after a long battle with cancer and intestinal surgery, according to a statement on his official website.


The Bee Gees in the 1970s

Celebrities tweeted their grief Sunday night over the death of Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb at 62. Here is a sampling.
Cycling champion and cancer survivor Lance Armstrong: ‏
RIP Robin Gibb. Continues to sadden me to see cancer take our loved ones. Gotta put a stop to it.
Singer and reality show star Peter Andre: ‏
I am so absolutely gutted about Robin Gibb passing away . One of the true musical legends whom I was honored to be friends with . RIP:(
"Extra" host Mario Lopez: ‏
R.I.P Robin Gibb..Big Bee Gees fan! Wrote so many great songs too..Our Disco stars are off to perform in the big club upstairs! #NightFever
Talk-show host Carson Daly: ‏
Sad to hear about Robin Gibb. Cancer is robbing us of our loved ones way to often. We gotta beat this thing. http://www.Breakawayfromcancer.com
Singer Bruno Mars: ‏
R.I.P Robin Gibb
Reality TV figure Kris Jenner:
Rest In Peace Robin Gibb...you brought us so much joy what an amazing talent!!
Irish band The Script: ‏
R.I.P. Robin Gibb. We met Robin+Barry in NY. Such a lovely guy. Prayers 2 his family. 2 many Legends being taken from us 2 early 
Rocker Bryan Adams:
Robin Gibb RIP. Very sad to hear about yet another great singer dying too young.
R&B songwriter Claude Kelly:
RIP Robin Gibb. The Bee Gees were/are the gold standard when it comes to pop/r&b melody, harmony and vocal arrangement. Massive loss.
Madonna:
Another huge loss for the Disco Music...RIP Robin Gibb.
Singer Jude Rawlins of Subterraneans:
I'm actually in tears that we have lost Robin Gibb. Always my favourite Bee Gee. He wrote "To Love Somebody". That takes a real man.
Actress Samantha Ferris:
Awww. Robin Gibb is gone at 62. First Donna Summer now a Bee Gee. Did disco do something wrong? Good bye to my teens. You served me well...
RIP #robingibb!!! First Donna, now u. u gave me my first saturday night fever, & it never came down. U 2 r in that great disco in the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment